Sunday, January 25, 2015

Reflections

              I took the Jung typology test ; my results were very interesting and shed a lot of light on my personality. I found out; I am more of a extrovert then a introvert. I think this is a fact; I am more interested in others then I am myself.  I love to help people; that is why I am at O.T.C. I want to study to become a RN. It is a career I know I would be good at and will be very satisfying to me.  I like to be social and interact with people . I did not use to be this way, but as I grew other; I grew out of that faze. I think being social will help me in college because I am not afraid to ask questions. If I don't understand a topic of my writings for English ; I will ask in order to understand. I am very opinionated and full of ideas. That will help me with creative writings and essays.

            The test said; I use tuition over fact. I agree; because I go with my gut instinct when making any decisions. I don't know why I feel a certain way when it comes to making decisions, but if I feel it's right, I act on it. I think this will apply to my writings because I will not second guess myself when it comes to my writings. I will write what feels right and what my heart tells me to.  I use fact when I know I need to make very important decisions in life . Like my decision to go back to college; I had to use fact . I had to know my financial ability, my work schedule, and to know if I was mentally ready.  I also used my intuition ,because I felt in my heart I was ready to take the bull by it's horns.

            I have a moderate preference for feeling over thinking.  I make decisions more on how I feel then logic, I guess intuition and feeling go hand in hand. I listen to my heart and consider peoples feelings. I am very empathetic, and caring toward ones feelings. That will come out in my writings, you will see my personality.  I also think before I act, I like to go with what I feel, but if it would hurt someones feelings I keep it to myself. When I write I will take peoples feelings into consideration. Is this writing  offensive? My purpose is; to entertain, inform, persuade, and enlighten my readers. I see the world in color instead of black and white.

           The test said I like perceiving more then I judge. I agree with Jung, because I like to stay open; so I can communicate about anything that happens.  I don't make a decision about people right away; I observe then make a decision. My opinion is always subject to change. Sometimes I have been guilty of judging a book by it's cover. I think it's best to not make a decision right away about someone or something. Like when I need to write a topic for English; I wont pick a topic right away. I like to leave my options open; that's when I get the best idea's!

          I really enjoyed writing this blog; I feel like i learned a little more about myself. I hope to use these results in my writings. This blog allowed me to be creative and just have fun. I am excited to see whats going to be are next writing topic and what I will come up with. Everyone in this class with leave becoming a better writer, thank you.

1 comment:

  1. Do not forget to understand language within context. What do these terms mean in the context of the indicator? These words translate differently than what we might be used to. Good reflection. ~Ms. A.

    ReplyDelete